moved about 500 miles away from home when I enrolled in college. One of the local pizza chains in Ohio is called Donatos and they make the most amazing ‘Chicken Mariachi Pizza.’ This was my attempt–a very close attempt–at duplicating the pizza from Ohio. It’s like a comfort food to me.
After making several pizzas with store bought crust (even though it wasn’t that bad) I found the pizza dough recipe online and made a few slight modifications to it. It’s one of the best pizza crusts I’ve ever had.. and it’s so easy to prepare!
Hope you enjoy! Let me know how yours turns out!
Ingredients for pizza dough:
1 (.25 oz.) package of dry active yeast
2 tsp. white sugar
1 c. warm water
2 1/2 c. bread (or all-purpose) flour
2 tbsp. olive oil
Ingredients for pizza:
2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts or tenderloins
1 tbsp. Ms. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning
1, 8 oz. can of pizza sauce
1/2 c. mozzarella cheese
1 pint container of grape tomatoes, halved
3 fresh jalapenos, sliced
1, 8 ounce container of sour cream
Preparing pizza dough:
1. Preheat over to 450 degrees.
2. In bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water for about 10 minutes.
3. Stir in flour, salt, & oil. Beat until smooth, then let dough rest for 5 minutes.
4. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface to press, pat, or roll into round pizza. Make sure dough is about 1/4 inch think when going into oven, dough will rise slightly. When shaped into a circle, fold over the outside edge to create the pizza “crust” edge of the pizza.
2. Cover pizza crust in a thin coat of pizza sauce, just enough to cover the bottom. If you like the extra kick of spice, go ahead and season the sauce with additional chipotle seasoning. Sprinkle a light layer of mozzarella cheese on top.
4. Bake in oven at 450 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until dough has risen and toppings slightly cooked.