orry about the lack of updates! It’s been busy around these parts, but I’ve been planning some updates for you guys! Christmas is just around the corner!
A reminder of where I’m from.. O-H-I-O, the land of the buckeyes. Not only are buckeyes poisonous nuts and the mascot of the best football team in the land, but they are a delicious candy! The only rule? You have to be a buckeye fan to eat them… Oh, how I’ve gained so many for the cause this way! Enjoy! 🙂
(I’ll upload pictures soon!)
Ingredients for peanut butter balls:
1/2 c. softened butter or margarine
1 1/2 c. peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 lb. (about 6 c.) powdered sugar
Ingredients for chocolate candy coating:
12 oz. bag of milk chocolate chips
1/2 bar of Gulf Wax
Preparing the peanut butter balls:
1. Combine softened butter, peanut butter and vanilla extract.
2. Mix in powered sugar until the mixture sticks together and forms a ball.
3. Refrigerate mixture for about 10 minutes, until the mixture hardens.
4. Form mixture unto 1/2″ balls, until all mixture is used, usually makes about 5 dozen.
5. After all balls are formed, refrigerate balls until chocolate mixture is ready.
Preparing the chocolate candy coating:
1. A double broiler is recommend for this process, however, I don’t have one and most don’t! So I usually improvise by using a skillet half-filled with water with another pan inside it. Pour bag of chocolate chips into the pan and add the half-bar of Gulf Wax.
2. Stir the mixture occasionally to ensure it doesn’t burn. Let the chocolate chips and wax melt, completely.
3. After melted, remove from heat.
4. Using a toothpick, dip peanut butter balls in chocolate until a small portion of the ball is left without chocolate, resembling a buckeye.
5. Refrigerate until chocolate is set.