onight I was making a dessert to send to a family gathering. I haven’t tried a cheesecake in a long time, and I just bought a new springform pan, so I figured I’d give it a try. After looking over several recipes, I found one (and made a few tweaks) that I liked for the filling–the perfect one in my eyes didn’t require too much “special treatment” in the oven and could be left.. because, honestly, I was tired and wanted to nap while it was baking and cooling! This one worked wonderfully.
I had a few issues with a little cracking in the top of the cheesecake, but after I put on the topping, you couldn’t even notice it! Cheesecake is some work and I know practice will make perfect–it still tasted great however!
I didn’t get a picture of the whole cake before it was quickly shuffled off to make it to the family gathering, but (since I had to work tonight) I got a piece brought back home to me and I took a quick picture of it!
Let me know how yours turns out!
Ingredients for crust:
20 Oreo cookies, filling removed
5 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
Ingredients for filling:
4, 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 c. white sugar
3/4 c. milk
4 large eggs
1 c. sour cream
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
Ingredients for topping:
1 c. mini, milk chocolate chips
1 c. milk chocolate chips
Preparing the crust:
1. Crush the cookie parts of about 20 Oreo cookies (remove filling) in a food processor, empty into a small bowl.
2. Pour melted butter over cookie crumbs and mix well.
3. Press Oreo crumbs into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan to form crust.
Preparing the filling:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the sides of the springform pan. (*I did this with Pam olive oil cooking spray and it worked great.*)
2. Mix: cream cheese and sugar, until well blended. Add in milk, then eggs, one at a time. Finally, mix in vanilla, sour cream, & flour, until smooth.
3. Pour filling onto prepared Oreo crumb crust.
4. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
5. Let cheesecake cool in oven for 2 to 4 hours after turning off oven.
6. Remove cheesecake from oven and let cool for about an hour in the refrigerator.
1. Melt regular chocolate chips in microwave.
2. Drizzle melted chocolate across top and over sides of cooled cheesecake.
3. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top of cheesecake.
4. Let cheesecake chill in the refrigerator until ready to cut and serve.